It’s called Nicely Said: Writing for the Web with Style and Purpose, and it will be published by New Riders in June.
Alvin Diec designed the cover.
Last January, I decided to make the book I wanted when I started working on the web in 2005. So, I put together an outline and showed it to Erin Kissane. She gave me good feedback and suggested seeing if Kate was also working on a book. It turned out this was the right time for both of us, and we decided to team up on the project. We wrote a proposal, submitted it to a few publishers, decided to go with New Riders, and—zing bang boom—here we are, writing the manuscript.
We want Nicely Said to be useful for anyone writing for the web, whether you’re a writer, designer, developer, or small business owner. We’ll cover how to:
- Develop friendly, purposeful communications
- Talk to different audiences
- Find your voice and adapt your tone as needed
- Write clearly and collaboratively
- Teach these concepts to your coworkers